Senior Associate – Transaction/Investment Advisory, Emerging/Frontier Markets
MiDA Advisors is a growing advisory firm operating at the intersection of international development and global finance, is looking for a self-starter highly motivated Senior Associate – Transaction/Investment Advisory in Emerging Markets.
The Senior Associate will lead important technical advisory tasks in project finance, asset management and/or other capital market solutions to finance projects in infrastructure and other alternatives in emerging and frontier markets. He or she will work closely with a team of experts to support a portfolio of client engagement including development organizations and private sector entities.
We are looking for an energetic professional who is passionate about impact investing in Africa and other emerging markets. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in project finance, investment management or capital markets solutions targeting emerging markets; and a thorough understanding of the role that development financial institutions play in these regions. The candidate should have excellent project management skills to independently lead client engagements, coordinate deal supervision; and possess strong financial analysis and modelling skills to conduct investment reviews. Working and fast-growing business environment, he or she does not mind wearing multiple hats and would be experienced in handling a wide range of technical and project management tasks with the ability to work independently with little supervision. The candidate should be well-organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting the growth of a dynamic advisory business composed of diverse people.
- Transaction advisory supporting clients in development finance and alternative investing in Africa and other emerging markets
- Financial analysis and modeling to evaluate investment proposals and transactions
- Project management to support and coordinate existing transactions
- Client and investor relationship management, including U.S. and foreign investors and organization in public and private sector
- Market research and developing insight on institutional investors’ risk appetite and investment preferences
- Effective communication and writing reports on transaction advisory operations
- A minimum of 5 years proven work experience in project finance, investment management or other capital markets solutions focused on emerging markets
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling to assess investment proposals
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Ability to anticipate the needs of clients and investors and be proactive in providing solutions
- Experience working in international development or international business is a plus
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Foreign language (preferably French) is a plus